Tuesday, October 5, 2010

FHE: I am a Child of God

FHE has been better in the past but with renewed determination we've started again. This time with a plan!

Margaret S. Lifferth, First Counselor in the Primary General Presidency, introduced the new Nursery manual in the February 2009 Ensign by stating that 'the new Primary nursery manual, Behold Your Little Ones, is a wonderful resource for both teachers in the nursery and parents in the home to teach children basic gospel truths'. My mom had also mentioned this to me so we went to distribution to check it out. At $5.5o for thirty lessons complete with pictures and activities I couldn't resist! Now we have no excuse to let FHE slip through our schedules (at least for 30 Mondays out of the year!).

Lesson One: I am a Child of God (in our home)
Song- I am a child of God
Prayer- Devin helped Levi
Scripture- Psalms 82:6 (at this point I read directly from the scriptures. We read the stories on the back of the Gospel Art Kit with Levi every night but he rarely sees actual scriptures so I thought this was a simple way to incorporate them more)
Lesson- I told about Moses (as the manual encourages), and how he climbed the mountain to pray. We then made a 'mountain' of pillows and let Levi climb up and fold his arms at the top as if to pray.
Testimony- given by Devin
Prayer- Me

The lesson was really short and I wondered if Levi actually learned anything... but later that night he climbed up on the couch cushions, and jumped around saying 'Moses, Moses...' at least he knows Moses was a climber too!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I'll have to look into getting that. Sounds like a great resource. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete