Monday, April 26, 2010

Mac and Cheese

It's bright face woke up this morning, and it's reaching arms of warmth pulled us out to the park. Welcome to Rexburg Sun, we are glad you finally made it.

For whatever reason park days make me want Mac and Cheese for lunch- the last time I made mac and cheese I came up with the idea to make my own 'boxes' or packets like the store bought ones (since we make ours homemade). I love it! So since I recently bought noodles {on sale with a coupon- 50 cents a bag}, I whipped up some more packets.

The mac and Cheese recipe can be found here.
First I start some water boiling and butter melting.
I, then, get out my plastic bags and write all the wet ingredients on the outside {1/4 cup butter, 2 cups milk.....} and the baking instructions {350 for 20-25 minutes}- this way I don't have to get out my cookbook if I don't remember
Then I measure out 2 cups noodles- throw that in the water- then another two cups and throw that into a plastic bag marked with the wet ingredients; repeating until I run out of noodles.

Then I grab more plastic bags- an equal amount to the number of bags with noodles and do the same with the flour- first into the melting butter then into different bags {don't put it in with the noodles!}, repeated with the salt, pepper, and mustard powder- first into the pot and then into the bags with the flour.

I hope this is making sense and not boring you as it did Levi:Then while mixing and baking I shake up the dry ingredient bags, push all the air out, and put one in each noodle bag.

The end result:

Four packets of Mac and Cheese:
and one yummy lunch:

0 comments:

Post a Comment