While looking for things to do with the girls and Levi I found this posting and adapted it.
Last week I sat with the girls and discussed different things they would like to 'explore'. One item on the list sent my mind spinning with ideas and so this week we are 'exploring' the underground.
First we went to enchantedlearning.com where they each picked an underground/borrowing animal. One by one we read about a hamster, meerkat, and an armadillo. I printed out a picture of their chosen animal, and while they colored it, and glued it to a paper headband, I created 'tunnels' for their homes.
In they crawled:
First we went to enchantedlearning.com where they each picked an underground/borrowing animal. One by one we read about a hamster, meerkat, and an armadillo. I printed out a picture of their chosen animal, and while they colored it, and glued it to a paper headband, I created 'tunnels' for their homes.
In they crawled:
and out they poked their heads:
Then I played the role of the 'big hungry bear' and of course the only place they were safe was inside their little home.
I think this would have been a great activity to do around Groundhog's Day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment