While Devin was driving to NC he was side-swiped by a hit and run. Luckily Devin and his brother were able to get the side-swipers license number and call it in to the police. Our car does have some serious scrapes and little dents down the whole drivers side and the mirror is completely gone- so much so that it looks like the car isn't even supposed to have a mirror on that side. The thought that the side-swiper was that close to my husband gives me the he-be-ge-bes! But luckily Devin is perfectly fine and although a little dented and scratched our car runs just as well as ever. The Progressive man, from the side-swipers insurance, stopped by this morning for pictures and gave us an estimate of about $1700. Luckily no one is really disputing that Devin was the one that got hit and they are going to take our car in and fix it all up! After that I'll post the "after" pictures, but first of course the before pictures..... (Top to bottom: Front driver's door, back driver's side door, the mirror that is MIA and the whole car- sorry the pictures aren't that good, there was a car on that side of us so I couldn't get very good angles, and I was holding Levi who was not in the picture taking mood at the time... Kayla where are you when I need you! :-)




Now for the joy in our life- Levi! He is now two months old and changing almost as fast as I change his diapers! :-) Here's an update on some of the 28 things about him from last month and a few new things....
01. The longest that he slept straight last month was 5 hours, this month 10 hours while at Scott and Sarah's- it scared me a little and he hasn't done it since (although I wouldn't mind if he would!). He goes to bed between 9:30 and 10, wakes up sometime in the middle of the night, and then wakes up for the day around 7-7:30 ish.
02. His cord fell off last month and I think he has the cutest belly button! It is an outie that is slowly squishing back inward but I love it!

03. His hair was very red before but is becoming more brown like his mom's
04. His eyes are still baby blue.
05. He is still a morning baby, which makes Devin's late hours hard- between these two boys I never get sleep! :-)
06. He still doesn't like being changed, although we discovered it's because he is on his back and he is getting much better about it.
07. He is still a great sleeper, and I still poke at him all the time to make sure he's still breathing!
08. He's getting a lot better about bath time; today he splashed a little and I even got a smile out of him (although he did start off screaming as usual!)
09. He still burps himself, but has started to spit up a little if I don't burp him
11. He isn't as sweaty as he used to be, which makes cuddling more enjoyable!
12. He is still a cuddle bug, more so than before I think. He loves to just be held as he falls asleep, and I still rely on the Bjorn .
13. He is still my little frog, although he does like to be rocked to sleep.
14. Our favorite facial expression is when he smiles and raises his eyebrows- it's adorable!
21. He still has to sleep in a boppy, but ...

21. more so on his side than his stomach now
22. He loves to stand up while holding your hands
24. He still has one dimple on his left cheek

25. I still think the mark on his eye is going to be a permanent birth mark
a few new things:
01. He started making baby noises, which I love!
02. He drools, which I don't love!
03. He moved up to size one diapers and size 0-3 month clothing about the time we left.
04. We lost his binkie while in the parking lot... found it, boiled it, and discovered a hole in it (it had been run over).
05. However he only uses his binkie to go to sleep if I'm not busy to hold him until he falls asleep.
06. He is becoming more aware of his surrounds, I can now lay him on his back under a clever contraption of toys I made, and he coos and wiggles as he reaches for the toys.
08. He definitely knows his mom's voice but doesn't mind being held by other people.
I'm sure there is more but that's all I can think of at the moment! Here's a cute picture of him in his overalls, Devin doesn't like overalls but I think he's cute and I got them for free so you really can't complain!
And here's a little video off the click-click camera (not the video camera) that's why the sound isn't very good but it's CUTE- it's right after I fed him and the fan was on because it's HOT here! (I know it's not even close to what it's going to be but still!) He was watching and talking to the fan I love it! ENJOY!

I hope you get your car fixed soon. What a bummer! Levi is so cute. Addie points to his pictures and says "baby lebi!". It is funny. She loved having him around :).
ReplyDelete