I met you when I was nigh on sixteen. You dazzled me with your smile, won me with your charm, and gave me butterflies. Our first date, my very first date, sent me spinning with smiles. You were the first to break my heart, and the first to mend it again. I saw you as a friend, a wonderful friend full of strength and goodness. I never thought the road would lead to this, this wonderful eternal marriage.
Someone recently told me that the cute things husbands do would soon become a did. But there they were, the most beautiful promise of Spring. Pink petals and green stems. Beautiful tulips, just as I had once nonchalantly mentioned. There they were placed perfectly as I walked in the door in this foreign place. A wonderful reminder of the beautful things around us.
You never cease to love me, to surprise me, and to give me butterflies. Thank you.
(ps I'm sorry I killed the tulips already- I promise to do better next spring!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment