Monday, September 8, 2008

Devin's Guatemala Trip

Devin spent 10 days in Xela, Guatemala and arrived safely home on Sunday night... here is a recording of his greatest accomplishment while there.....







And this is the only evidence of him being in Guatemala...



Here are some pictures of the beautiful scenery that surrounded him...





This is a picture of where Devin spent 15 hours a day doing mostly root canals...

After all the hard work Devin was able to ride the longest zip line in Central America...

and swam where scholars believe is the Waters of Mormon...


Although he came home tired Devin is even more excited to become a dentist.


While he was gone I stayed with my parents and enjoyed spending a little extra time with my mom... and was able to spend a whole day with my Grandma at the State fair, where sadly neither of them had a camera ("Mine was in Guatemala with Dein... it's not my fault!!!").

I've never been... it was a blast... and Grandma is quite the cruiser- I had to run just to keep up with her!

While at the fair I ate scones, corn on the cob, fudge, every other important fair food, while running around like a headless chicken to see the human cannon ball (and was glad TOH wasn't there to see it for fear he would be signing himself up for the next blast off), draft horse demonstrations, cowgirl tricks, a hypnotist, and my new favorite sport...

Mutton Bustin'.... where children who are under 6 or 60 pounds ride sheep for as long as they can and the winner gets a belt buckle- My children are going to be Mutton Button (as she calls the children) champions! For those of you who have never seen Mutton Bustin' here's a link to a 33 second video that shows how it's done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m61mP3rwIeg&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. We are glad that Devin had a nice trip. The girls like to see the pictures every day!! Elise tells me EVERYDAY how much she misses her Lindsay. I would be sad about that, except that I miss you too, so I can't be mad at Elise for feeling that way! I wish we could see you pregnant and feel baby squishy kicking you!! We miss you and love you! :)

    ReplyDelete