Wednesday, August 19, 2015

It's a...


BOY! 
Due January 11th 2016

I feel so behind on blogging. Seriously so many great moments I haven't fully documented:
thanksgiving
christmas
the boys' birthday party
kylie's first birthday
owen doing soccer
going to disneyland
parents visiting
devin graduating
working for the first time in years
moving to a house
being pregnant
traveling to washington

...seriously so much...

but I feel there is no better place to start than today. So here you go and whole skip in my life that maybe I'll explain later.

IT'S  POSITIVE!!! 
awhile before I became pregnant I had moments of feeling like I needed to go get that other child... that sounds weird. For example I would get all three of my children set up for lunch and turn to go get 'the other one' ... there wasn't another one. So I figured it was time, and that it would take time... not so much. it happened within two months. 
I found out Mother's Day. Fitting in a way. 

IT'S A BOY!!!
I seriously thought it was a girl. Honestly. 
my boys are about two years apart and I love it. Kylie and Owen are three years, and Kylie and this one will be about two years. I thought 'oh how perfect! two little boys close together, and two little girls close together' 
This is also my 'me-baby' 
let me explain 
I was surrounded by boxes and messes, exhausted and overwhelmed. I looked at my children and felt guilty for the craziness of moving, working, and wanted to sleep all the time. As my hand went to my stomach thinking of the craziness this child choose to come to I realized, this is my fourth baby. I am my mom's fourth baby! and this baby is due (roughly) on my birthday. I am just like my mom with me (and I know how crazy and wonderful it was growing up). It definitely was a tender moment and in that moment I think I decided it was a girl. 
Ha! it just goes to prove I never really know what is ahead on our adventure.
I'll be honest, I felt am mix of  a little disappointment and complete confusion, 'am i going to have a mostly boy family? what the weird' and said some things that made the technician double check for me. Definitely a boy, and then I got misty eyed, as I have seeing these children who choose to come to me and getting to know them. 
How lucky am I?  

This was the first ultrasound I went to by myself. It was a little heart breaking but that's my life right now, so to keep a better focus Devin encouraged me to surprise him.
I bought silly string, popped popcorn, and poured apple juice into 'fancy bottles' and we had our own little family party.

Devin thought it was a boy.
Levi wanted a girl but after thinking it over for two  seconds was excited for another boy.
Owen apparently told this Sunbeam teachers, 'I hope it's a girl, because then we are done having kids' ... not sure where he got that from, other than Levi and his thought processes.
Kylie, she hated the silly string and still doesn't grasp the concept but loves babies! like LOVES LOVES even though most are bigger than her.  

We're still discussing names, which is totally odd for me if anyone knows what I am usually like with names. We'll keep you posted. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment