Friday, October 3, 2014

Science: Bakers Balloon

For science we are having fun experimenting and using vocabulary: hypothesis, observations, conclusion.
(An added bonus is Levi is learning that his hypotheses can be wrong and it's okay, that's how we learn.)

Recently we did an experiment I found in a book called The Budding Scientist. 

yeast + sugar + water = gas


I think the pictures sum up the awesomeness of the experiment:


Although I was not expecting the balloons to 'explode' as the boys did, I was expecting the balloons to fill more. Slight bummer, but the boys' reactions, as you can see, were priceless.




1 comment:

  1. Hey! You should check out www.sciencekiddo.com and her YouTube channel. It's one of my friends and she's amazing! She has her Master's in science and homeschools her kids and does really cool science projects with them and records them and it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete