My answer, not really.
Once you buy a car you've only seen pictures of on the web, in a totally different state it seems normal to do things that way right? HA!
Not really. But really.
Our 'Arizona' story begins back in January:
Weeks away from my due date with Kylie I sat in church listening (as best you can with two boys squirming under your shushing glare) to our new bishop's talk. What he was saying is irrelevant to the fact that in that moment the Spirit told me we were moving to Arizona.
I fought back tears. I was nine months pregnant, we still hadn't been rejected from every dental school yet, I had no desire to move to Arizona. ..... just months later Devin was accepted into Midwestern, Glendale AZ campus.
Between that time, we began looking into getting a Honda Pilot; not because we are 'above' the minivan thing we have always talked about 6children, and the Pilot seats 8, while only the newer more expensive odysseys fit that many. We set a budget, found one we wanted to look at, prayed about it together, and were told no, not right now.
I about cried every time a Honda Pilot passed us in our jetta for the next week (pilots are popular in wa).
A few months later, after a chain of events, Devin and I prayed about a dollar amount to bid on a Pilot in Montana.... yep, two states away, at an insurance auction, neither of us had seen other than in pictures.
Long story short Devin flew to Montana and drove home the pictured pilot. And it's been a great car.
While looking for a car we also made a list of apartment needs and wants. We found one that met the criteria (cheap, two bedrooms, pool, two bathrooms, close to school), prayed about it and went forward.
Now we are here, in AZ, dying from heat, enjoying the pool, loving the palm trees and cacti, trying to rid our apartment of an awful smell, and adjusting to living in an actual city (Rexburg is not a city.... Living on a six lane road, that's enough city living for me).
I'll be honest it was hard adjusting to this new place. It was hot. We all slept on the floor a couple nights. We ate sitting on the floor for almost a week. We found a scorpion within the first few days of being here. BUT (now that I am we'll rested and everyone has a bed and proper place to eat, I can see that) we have been blessed.
Devin's cousin let us stay with him and his family, and although Devin grew up with him, we had never met his wife. But it worked out great and we all enjoyed our week together and now have a new cousin-bond!
Although we don't have the Lindstrom farm to escape to we have two pools!
And yes we do live on a six lane road, but we are tucked inside the large complex (did I mention with two pools) and don't have to worry about wandering children.
We found furniture for great deals (I love craigslist) and I'm glad to report we didn't leave any boxes behind this time!
The only true 'bummer' moment I had was when we realized the Walmart across the street is a Market Place Walmart. And for those of you who, like me, have no idea what that is.... It's just a Walmart grocery store. Totally bummed that major convince turned into a slight convince.
Here's to soaking up the sun, swimming in the pool, and not getting stung by scorpions! I think the next nine months will be great (and then, fingers crossed, we can move again..... wait did I just say that!?! agh, moving!!!!)
This past year I have been truly grateful for the guidance of the Spirit, and (hopefully) am trusting more in the Lord's plan for us and not my own.
To anyone and everyone who might be searching for any kind of answer, I know our Father is there and can answer you through the Spirit. Just kneel, ask, and wait. We did and are blessed because of it.
#sharegoodness
0 comments:
Post a Comment