While Levi was entralled by the carving, Owen was...
literally terrified! poor little guy.
although Devin did make it kind of creepy!
On Halloween we hosted a 'Pumpkin Patch Party' and invited friends from the ward.
We started by reading one of the boys' favorite:
Duck and Goose Find a Pumpkin
then the children were let loose to find a pumpkin in our 'pumpkin patch' which they got to color.
Then we played pin the eye on the Jack-o-latern
and took pictures in our photo-booth with our monster mouths
after our friends left the boys made 'Frankenstein Pudding'
and we met up with Mark&;Danielle for a community Trunk or Treat... which was a little crazy!
and then, because Danielle requested it... seriously!, the boys got to spend the dark hours of the evening Trick-or-Treating with Mark&Danielle while Devin and I had a mini-Halloween date (ie eating the boys' Trunk-or-Treat candy while listening to music and waiting for the boys to come back)
That night the boys left out their pumpkins full of candy for the Great Pumpkin and in the morning I awoke to Levi 'MOM MOM MOM come see what the GREAT PUMPKIN brought!'
when I asked what it was he said 'I don't know, but I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!' haha! I had to get out of bed for that!
and then I let the boys tear down all the decorations... which was fun, until they realized they had to clean it all up... bummer! ;-)
THANKSGIVING!!!
to kick off our Thanksgiving holiday we left at 5am.... the reason: to be at Roseman University by 10am, why? well...
Sunday, the 15th, we went into tithing settlement with our bishop. After he gave his little speech about the blessings of tithing he asked if Devin had applied to Roseman and then went on to tell us his son was on the board of admissions.... what what!?!?! turns out his son is a third year dental student and assists with interviews, sadly he does not determine who gets an interview. BUT that same day his son happened to be visiting so Devin went to their home after dinner and long story short he invited us down to the school for a tour and possible run-in with the Dean of Admissions.
So, skipping one class, we left at 5am, dropped the boys with my gracious sister and grandmother and their cousins, met up with Eddie at Roseman and toured the school.
Sadly we did not run into the dean of admissions but we did talk with professors, doctors, and one dean of the school.
We aren't sure where things are going to go from here but we are hopeful.
The rest of the trip was relaxing, full of food, fun, and family! and I got to watch the Macy's Day Parade!!!
Silly as that may be I have always wanted to but never have. I mentioned this to my Grandma and of course she made it happen; I am one lucky girl! :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment