So here's the situation, Devin didn't get into dental school and so we are reapplying; in the meantime he felt like he should be back in school upping his GPA and showing he is serious. He called BYU-I and asked about options. They have a continuing education program that allows graduates to take up to 9credits a semester. He applied and ONE week later was accepted.
Great huh? except that was THIS week, and the semester starts in three weeks. SO I'm sure you can imagine the state of our basement portion of my parent's house as I am frantically trying to pack, reorganize, and re-pack because we are only going to two semesters (ie 8months) and why make a BIG move out of something little? We are taking what fits in our car (plus a cartop carrier) and praying we have housing by the time we get there.
oh AND did I mention that I am PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 16weeks. I thought this was going to be my first pregnancy without a move.... but it's a move well worth it because I get to have my doctor again!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!!!
(for those that don't know I LOVE my Idaho doctor so much so I told Devin I was going to Idaho for the last month of this pregnancy and just hang out until the baby came... apparently Devin took me seriously and decided to move us all)
Three weeks home, 8months in Idaho, 4months home, 4years dental school.... you would think we like moving.
Congrats! I've been thinking about you guys and this is definitely a very smart and brave decision. Congrats on being pregnant too! Are you hoping for a girl or a boy? Obviously a healthy baby is most important! I miss Idaho so I'm a little jealous. My brother is a dentist in Colorado and weirdly enough he chose it because he couldn't get into vet school. Seems backwards right? Anyways, good luck! And we like to move while pregnant or with newborns too. At least you're past the first trimester and not to the third, so thats good.
ReplyDeleteHey Girl I am so unbelievably excited for you coming back for a little bit and congrats on being pregnant. That's super exciting. I know I love my doctor here too. I am contemplating having one more kid before we leave here because I'm terrified of finding another good doctor. wahooo I can't wait to see you.
ReplyDeletethis is wonderful news!! congrats
ReplyDeletei'm sorry that things didn't work out this year for dental school, but i'm happy things are still starting to work out and you will continue to see the Lord's hand in your life.
good luck with housing and all that fun stuff!