Levi has definitely grown up recently. I thought the 'why?' stage was filled with questions but he is over flowing with questions, and these questions are getting hard. We have already had our very first 'birds and the bees' discussion {thankfully he asked at the perfect time; when it was just the two if us. and thankfully he was satisfied with the VERY basics, because we do not believe in lying to our children, we just present the basic facts and if they ask more we answer}, and he has personally asked, and has even been excited, to do more chores!
And OH MY GOODNESS he got his kindergarten shots (what the what?? ya, different story, different time- I was not very happy, it's super early for that! I don't even want to think about him going to kindergarten yet! anyways...) Devin and I have been working on teaching him the meaning of brave. Both Devin and I were timid as youngsters and so is Levi. We see nothing wrong with this but are encouraging him to be brave. WELL, he opted to go first to get his shots, to show Owen how to be brave. He sat on Devin's lap and with each shot (I think there were four- I was in tears!), he simply said 'Oooww.... oooww... ooww...' halfway through the third I couldn't hold it in anymore. His little oowws and his face were so strong and so brave for such a little boy! my eyes welled up, and I had to cover my quivering chin. And yes, I know it's my fault, but that's when he let out some tears too! We are so proud of our little boy, he took those shots 'like a man!' or at least better than I would (I hate needles!).
I love watching him grow and feel so blessed to have such a sweet spirit in my life everyday.
WE LOVE our little superhero LEVI!
0 comments:
Post a Comment