Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Valentine's Day

Nine years ago on Valentine's Day a boy named Devin took me on my very first date to the Family Fun Center. We rode go-karts, played laser tag, and went mini-golfing... I never would have imaged things turning out this way! 
And so since we are living back home and have no idea where life might take us in the next few years we went back to reminisce and celebrate with our boys.
But first we had to kick off the day with opening our 'mail box' and passing out the Valentine's we made for each other the night before, followed by pink juice {my mom has a juicer and we try to have fun with it once a week! we used strawberries  grapes, and watermelon- which Levi LOVED as we recently learned about the letter Ww via watermelons}, and cinnamon rolls with pink frosting-YUM!
We planned on just doing the go-karts, but, although I called ahead, the height requirement for a passenger was actually 40inches not 30in like I heard on over the phone. My heart sank as I knew Owen was roughly 33in. So we made a new plan: Devin and Levi were to go on the go-karts and then we would all mini-golf...
but as Devin and Levi were doing this:

Owen was doing this:

At the end Devin talked to the man in charge and asked if he could take Owen; the man measured Owen and said, 'ahh no sorry!' but then he saw Owen's tears and said, 'Not on my watch, get in here quick'. So while Owen got to do this: (he is there by Devin, he's just so tiny!)


Levi showed me his big happy face from having so much fun!


and then because we had an odd number of points (it's a strange method to me! but whatever) the only thing left that we could do was 'Traffic School' and only for Levi.... until the man from the go-karts came over, took Owen from us, and helped him around the course! He definitely made our day.


and last, we stopped by the mini-golf because one of our perfectly shared memories of our date 9yrs ago was the Eiffel Tower in the mini-golf. Back then, I quickly learned I am not a mini-golf fan, especially in big groups, it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r, and I am not always the most patient person. So as the game went on I got more 'creative' with my putts; instead of going under the Eiffel Tower I attempted multiple times to putt the ball through it. Devin, being the kind date, and having more knowledge of physics than me, would wait until I whacked the ball then jump between me and it, before it pinged of the tower and whacked me. Sadly I never made it through the tower, but I never got hit by the ball either! :-)


It was definitely a 'Family Fun' day! :-)
 {and yes, Devin got a 'you punk face!' for ruining this picture! apparently he was 18 again}

ps our favorite Valentine's books this year:
The Great Valentine's day Balloon Race by Adrienne Adams


0 comments:

Post a Comment