Thursday, October 18, 2012

First Bee Sting


Yesterday amid morning dishes Levi came in from the deck screaming that he had a sliver. Common in the past few weeks I was surprised he was so distraught about it. I sat on the floor with him and examined his pinkie finger where I found nothing... but slowly it turned red with a white center. After a confirming phone call we concluded it was his first bee sting.

Being a 'hippie' (as Kayla calls me) I put lavender oil on it, which Levi followed said made it all better. And then my sister-in-law Lanae told me about a plant called Plantain:
Lanae told me to chew up the leaves and put it on the sting... I mashed it in a bowl and taped it to Levi's finger. Within half an hour all redness and what was a bump was gone... sometimes it's pretty cool to be a hippie! :-)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how well you took care of it. There's nothing like having something to help your little one when they're hurting. Good job:) Being a hippie really isn't so bad...

      Delete