Thursday, September 13, 2012

Levi's Alphabet Book

I thought I would show how I am compiling Levi's alphabet book. From the beginning I knew that I wanted to have Levi create his own book, it's evolved a little but I'm excited to see the end result.

First page and first change
Originally I bought a 1inch three ring binder... after Cc I realized that was not going to work! our 1 1/2 binder has a lot more room! and within the binder I have sheet-protecters and cut all projects down so they will fit in them.
I haven't decided on a front cover yet but the first page holds a basic printout of the alphabet. At the start of the week I introduce the new letter, and we sing the alphabet song, while I point to each letter, ending on the new letter.

Following that is our Chick Boom Tree which Levi adds capital and lowercase stickers of the week's letter. 

Then (I randomly snapped pictures throughout his book and later realized that it would have made more sense to show one letter the whole way through... sorry!), to start off the letter Levi watercolors a capital and lowercase printout of it. {side note: the watercolors we used is homemade but I can't find the exact recipe I used... I think it was cornstarch, water, and food coloring, which makes me feel better when Owen eats it!)


Following that we create a 'cover page' for the theme of the day that goes with the letter of the week (which most often is the only thing on paper we do for the letter) ie: we made a B bird to follow our Bb watercolor page.

 Following the 'theme cover page' is any 'paper-work' under that theme, ie under Dd Dinosaurs we did a Dino Dot-to-Dot.

Levi doesn't really care for his book, maybe when it's finished? It's something I hope we continue to add to over the years as we work on other projects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment