Our BLACK week
MONDAY
Levi and I colored a white piece of paper with white and yellow crayons (originally it was going to be just white but Levi didn't like not being able to see what he was coloring so we added yellow), then he painted over with homemade black watercolor paint {recipe here}
after it dried we had a black night sky with stars!
{although this picture doesn't show it, the paint turned out a little green; maybe because we used it half dry/half wet}
TUESDAY
Baa-baa black sheep have you any wool
yes sir, yes sir three bags full
one for my master, one for my dame
and one for the little boy that lives down the lane
I mixed water, paint, and dish soap in a cup. Used a pin to poke holes in a straw {to avoid sucking up) and instructed Levi to blow in the cup. As he did I laid a white piece of paper over the bubbles.
HE LOVED IT!!!

and it was a HUGE MESS!
You can't really tell from the pictures but it was all over the table, and all up and down him!


But I think it turned out really cute!
WEDNESDAY
And of course we had to act like bats, and dress like batman! I threw a blanket over our table, Levi hung by his feet like a bat, and decided he wanted to be a fruit bat and ate fruit from our play kitchen set {so glad he didn't want to be a human eating monster bat!}
Hey diddle, diddle
the cat and the fiddle
the cow jumped over the moon
the little dog laughed to see such fun
and the dish ran away with the spoon
While Levi worked on gluing BLACK cow spots onto a paper plate...
Owen used a spoon to stir up the scraps on his plate...
and I made a moon out of another paper plate {if you plan more ahead than I did you can make the cow and moon out of one paper plate}, and then we jumped over the moon while listening to the song
FRIDAY
The itsy bisty spider went up the water spout
down came the rain and washed the spider out
out came the sun and dried up all the rain
and the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again
I made a 'water spout' out a two plastic cups by cutting out the bottoms and taping them together.
Levi had a plastic spider we tied to a piece of fishing wire.
And we filled my water bottle with 'rain'.
We sang the song, while taking turns pulling the spider up the 'spout' and dumping the 'rain'

Poor little spider probably thought he was in Seattle! :-)







Wow! Linds you are so creative! I love all these ideas. What a great mommy!
ReplyDelete