Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Ruined Christmas

Both boys were down for a nap
I went into my closet and pulled down the Christmas box I had been filling throughout the year with clearance items for stocking stuffers and gifts
In the middle of analyzing everything, and placing them in assigned bags for easy transport to WASHINGTON!!!!!! :-) I remembered the laundry needed to be rotated, and no one likes people who leave laundry in the washer longer than needed {especially when you take all of them}
I quietly slipped out, or so I thought, and rotated laundry
I wasn't even two steps in the door when I heard,
'MOM LOOK AT THIS BOY ON HIS MOTORCYCLE!!!!! BRRRRRMMMMM, BBBBRRRMM!!!!'
He had dumped his whole bag out, pushed aside all his other to-be-toys and found his to-be dirt-bike&rider
I snatched it up threw it in the box and flipped on the Cars trying to distract... no such luck
'I WANT THAT BOY ON HIS MOTORCYCLE' then the tears!!! Lots of tears, more demands, and the sadest comment, 'I don't even know the boy's name!'
Well at least I know he will like one of his stocking gifts!

On a total side note: we had been looking for a motorcycle and rider for awhile but couldn't find the exact one (for the price) we wanted. We stopped by the grocery store one night and saw a stack in the cereal isle, but there was no price.
I took it up front, it wasn't even in their system. The cashier stepped away for a minute, came back and said, 'how does $2 sound?' TWO DOLLARS!!!!! Can I grab three? Merry Christmas to Levi!

0 comments:

Post a Comment