Saturday, December 18, 2010

Mormon Scientist


This book, I feel, is a must read! It is a biography written about Henry Erying (Henry B. Erying's father), by Henry J. Erying (Henry B. Eyring's son), and his life as a Scientist and member of the Church.

Science is not my strong suit and I may have skimmed through the more scientific sections but the rest captured my attention and I reread other sections. While it is a biography about a man who made contributions to science the way the story it told, the lay out of the chapters, the faith behind his understanding is captivating. Henry Erying was a man that, while the world perceived science and religion as two separate things, saw that the only way to understand science is to have religion, or faith.

I really am not any good with science and know that science will probably play a huge role in the creating factor in the hereafter, so I chose a spouse who can out talk anyone I know in science! But this book has given me a whole new perspective on science and the role our faith has in understanding and expanding it. And if you have any questions as to evolution this is the book to read!

This is definitely a book that I will have my children read!

0 comments:

Post a Comment