Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Utah Weekend

Late Thursday night Molly Gilmore made her entrance into this world- congratulations Alex and Katie! Friday morning we packed up and headed to Salt Lake to visit this new little one, to be there for the blessing of another little one: Olivia, and for an early birthday celebration for Addie. My parents and Kayla came down for the events as well.
Friday we visited Katie in the hospital with her perfect little girl Molly!
Saturday we went shopping, made waffle cone bowls, Katie's nursing cover, and attempted to go swimming.
Sunday was the blessing day, and Addie's birthday party. As Scott blessed his little girl, who was in a gorgeous dress by the way made by her mom, there were three of us scribbling down whatever we could catch. As I rewrote my scribbles after the blessing I thought about how people sometimes say 'it was a beautiful blessing'... I never quite understood but as I looked at what the deeper meaning of the words could mean I was very impressed.
Sadly I was not an impressive mother when we got back and started taking family pictures with the blessed baby.... Levi had been taking a nap through church (his Uncle Alex stayed home with Molly and him), and hadn't woken up yet.... Devin and I jumped up into the Folk family picture without even thinking about Levi until after the last picture was snapped.... It would have been different if we had thought 'oh, we'll just let him sleep and not bug him for a picture' nope- no thought at all! No 'Mother of the Year Award' for me!
I forgot how much fun it is to be with my sisters. We spent mornings in the bathroom doing each others make-up and hair, stealing each others clothes, and laughing the whole time. It was fun to even have little Addie there to join in the Folk Family Bathroom Tradition! And we spent the afternoon shopping: picking out clothes, giving out advice, and throwing clothes to another sister to try. We laughed, we cried, and I left with childhood memories flooding back.
Here's Levi cruising down the road to Utah:

0 comments:

Post a Comment