Saturday, August 21, 2010

Braclets (improvised)

I usually scan through websites and blogs for ideas, and sometimes make them up with what we have. But I found a Children's Craft Book while on 'my Library Adventure' and thought that a book might be refreshing... it wasn't the most impressive but it had an idea that I thought we'd give a whack.

Come to find out we had to improvise. Originally it was a crown made out of packaging tape and colored paper. Apparently I ran out of packaging tape in the last move... so we used basic tape.

First I had the girls color a picture on a 1/3 sheet of paper, not telling them why but encouraging them to not leave any white.


Then we cut the pictures into random pieces (to much dismay of some), and stacked the pieces in a pile...


next we put the tape sticky side up and put the pieces on the tape... leaving a small amount at one end empty...

last we wrapped it around their wrists and stuck the ends together (using the small empty end)..
wa-la bracelets!


in all honesty it was kind of a bust... for obvious tape reasons... but we did what we could and it entertained them for quite awhile. Following this activity guess what I discovered on a blog search.... homemade streamers, with the same directions as the crowns (and I thought I needed a book!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment