Sunday, May 17, 2009

Doctor Visit

Phone calls to the point of head pain.
Can I just get an appointment!
We're already a month behind, and he has a cold.
Finally someone who will let us in without scheduling to schedule.

I took Mr. Magoo into the doctor for his two month check up and immunization shots.... now that he is three months I thought it was probably about time.

As we walked into the brick building I felt as if I had stepped into the 70's.
Brown and orange wall paper.
Light blue.
Fake leather seating with metal legs and arm rests.
Shiver.

The nurse escorted us to a room with the same feel, and using a 'high tech' scale measured Mr. Magoo to be about 13 lbs. The doctor came, and left. We waited, and waited, and waited. The nurse returned with three shots and some liquid. All for the baby. He screamed for the shots and spit half the liquid back at mom, and didn't even get a sticker.

It really didn't take more than one phone call before I remembered why I use to dislike going to the doctor so much and I began to miss my amazing Dr. Jones. He took me in without questions, answered all my questions, gave me his cell phone number, and even offered me a sticker! I told TOH we were going to have to make enough money to have Dr. Jones follow us around... he said one day we'll buy a house and stay in one place, then we'll convince Dr. Jones to move his practice there. In the mean time I guess I just have to suck it up... luckily there's only one more visit to the 70's before we are out of here!!!

2 comments:

  1. You should write books..you are very artistic in your writting and it is a delight to read your updates!
    I love ya mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience! I just got Makenzies first set of shots done last month and she's almost a year:) The thing I don't get is that the shots are the same dose for a tiny baby as for a big person. How does that work? Hope you have better luck nex time.

    ReplyDelete