Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Laundry Story

Going to college was an adventure new people, new classes, fending for myself, and the oh so joyous, doing my own laundry.....

Being a college student I was cheap and would not give into the quarter guzzling machines. Instead I would carry my laundry at great lengths, across town to the Deveraux residence just to keep my quarters. (Thanks Deveraux family!)
Slowly over the semesters the distance to do laundry has become shorter and shorter- from across town, to a few blocks, to a few buildings over (thanks Monie!) and now the grand event and the whole reason for this posting................. drum roll please!!!! (Can you tell I'm excited!)

I finally have my first Washer and Dryer!!!! And they are in MY apartment!!! Aren't they B-E-A-U-tiful!

Yes I know the washer is not hooked up yet- and neither is the dryer but they are wonderful!
Here's our washer- given to us by TOH's parents who recently purchased a new one-
And here is the grand dryer.... rescued from a Sears trash pile for $25 (they should have just given it to us- but it works perfectly so who can complain about $25)


ps yes the pictures are in black and white- we are preparing for hospital pictures and only black and white pictures are allowed!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay- it is fun having your own stuff. I keep praying that baby comes soon. I'm excited for ya

    ReplyDelete