Five girls growing up in one house resulted in a hours of laughter, gallons of tears, hundreds of chick-flicks, thousands of shopping hours, arm fulls of hair products, and miles of make-up. Now over 19 years after the youngest girl was born into our family our once busy, noise filled home stands quiet (most likely to the relief of Dad and Mom). We have all gone off to live our various lives but no matter where we go or what we do one thing remains the same.... WE ARE SISTERS:We've done some odd things:
Haven't always looked our best:
Gained a little extra weight:
Took dress-up a little too far:

Attempted to fly:
Haven't always gotten along:
Tried some interesting styles:
Found ourselves in tight places:

But always knew we were "hott stuff!!":
S, you have always been the sensible one- aware of the road ahead of me and trying to be assisting in any way you could. Your example always pushed me to do better and try harder.
K, your laughter is contagious and fills my heart with warmth and joy. Hot chocolate and skittles are a terrible mix but I will never forget the things you have done for me.
J, you have been my best friend throughout my life. I will never forget your listening ear and kind understanding.
K, I miss our days of shopping and singing at the top of our lungs after school- you are no longer just my little sister but are growing into adulthood and I'm excited to see where the road takes you.
And not to be forgotten my sister-in-laws: L and S, although we do not share the memories of childhood you are my sisters and I am excited to send our husbands out to play and make memories together (and take more pictures together- this is all I have!). You both are wonderful; thank you for welcoming me into this new family!

S, K, J, and K- thanks for the memories that we have made and for the love and support you constantly give to me. I am so grateful to be a part of our eternal family! I couldn't have asked for a better group of girls to share my joys, pains, and confusion with. I wish you all the best in the various adventures you take, and I cannot wait to be all together again (hopefully not mushed into one bathroom!) to make many more memories and eventually be eternally together. I love you all!
Ahhh... that is so sweet. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! We miss you.
ReplyDeletethats probably one of the best posts I've ever seen. Thank you, and I'm so jealous of the sisterhood you were able to grow up with but I hope our new families can get together to make more memories.
ReplyDeleteNicely written Linds!
ReplyDeleteyour whole blog makes my cry, it's so sweet! Maybe having only girls will be a fun thing. I am excited to make memories with you and Simone too!
ReplyDeleteAren't families awesome? We are truly blessed to have such great families. Love you Lindsay!
ReplyDelete